Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

Yarn Bomb




Ok I gotta say I never thought I would be so excited about yarn... I created hundreds of pom poms last year for Townsville city councils Christmas in the city yarn bombing explosion, which was so much fun.

So this year I am revisiting this all again with a coral and reef theme to explore...The Townsville city centre is going to look amazing this christmas with an explosion of yarn coral and sea life, created by various local artists and crafters....

The process of creating has been lots of fun so far and luckily the weather is not too sweaty here in North Queensland to have us running a mile from the woolly stuff.....It gets that hot here that it does become difficult to look at such things with affection...but not so here... I am loving it.

I created this gorgeous little piece from yummy shaggy oversized pom poms and giant tassels...it is all stitched onto a canvas stretched onto an embroidery hoop...I have added an element from my jewellery and paintings...a heavily glittered organic shape cut from canvas... I am really happy with how my fibre wall hanging turned out and look forward to creating more in different colours...
I think this one with its soft happy colours would look divine hanging on a nursery wall.