Monday, February 27, 2012

The Adventures Of Coco and Bee





Looking at my illustration style it is probably obvious that I adore childrens book illustrations. With some of my favourite illustrators being Lucy Atwell, May Gibbs, Lauren Child, amongst many others. I have of course dreamed of illustrating my own books one day but I was thrilled when I was asked to illustrate my first childrens book, written by the lovely Stacy Cortez.
I am showing off some of the illustrations from the book; "The Adventures Of Coco and Bee; World Travellers".
I had so much fun illustrating the adventures of this brother and sister duo on their holiday in Paris...
As Stacy says it is the story of "A child's innocence and freedom to be whoever and whatever they want to be."
It is available here

13 comments:

Hunny said...

really creative style. :D

Arro said...

These are gorgeous! I especially like that mermaid just diving below the water.

koralee said...

What an adorable blog you have!!! Pure bliss. xo

ingrid said...

Your style is so whimsical. I love it. I will be adding this book to my daughters birthday list. It looks magical.

camaeja said...

so pretty!

http://camaeja.blogspot.com/

Dipo Dwijaya said...

Lovely drawing, I very like it. Dwijayas.

Émoi said...

Hello, I have a question, are you french ? In your first illustation it's writing in french no ?
Your drawings are beutiful !
Biz,
E ...

Whosies said...

congrats! i love them so far. the incorperation of fabric prints with the black sketchy is great.

S. Mahnoor Shah said...

those are amazing!
new follower :)
http://anotsosecretlifeofapakiteen.blogspot.com/

sunflower said...

Your drawings are beautiful! They make me smile! :)

Renée said...

These are charming! I agree with others that you have a very unique and whimsical style. It's a breath of fresh air and very different. Keep it coming!

http://antiquarianmiss.blogspot.com/

Libeelula said...

so cute !!
http://libeelula.blogspot.com/

Talking Trash & Wasting Time said...

My daughter emailed me the link to your blog telling me how great your work is, she was right :)

Brooke xx