Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Nanas Kokeshi


 

The little painting was inspired by my nanas' gorgeous kokeshi collection which sat a top her piano. I took a picture of my two favourites at my mums house recently. I just adore the painting and colours on these dolls!
My latest little mixed media piece is inspired by my grandmother :). The little painting I actually did a couple of years ago. I've revamped the little girl with a new kimino. The little patchwork piece was made by my grandmother over 50 years ago.
I think she would love how I have used it here. No i didn't chop it up! I just cut and paste it digitally of course! So much fun!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

America Alcala said...

Adorable...she has such a sweet face.:)

Gina said...

Your stuff is gorgeous... Thanks for dropping by and giving me some ideas on the plastic bag front. Now that you have lured me to your blog I'm about to go and convo you on etsy because your work is ACE and I must possess some!

Michelle said...

love the colours and patchwork...
do you use illustrator programme...i don't have a programme that lets me do anything like this...
love the row of flowers in her hair...

Analee said...

Your shop is wonderful...I'll definitely be back as I have my eye on one of your dolls!

zoe said...

You are damn creative! Love your style of creating art piece:)

xoxo
Zoe