Friday, February 6, 2009

Alice and Rabbit

 


I painted this last week. It's a little darker and more gothic than much of the work I have been creating lately. I think this must be because of the luscious dark rainy cloudy weather we have had for that last 6 weeks. Now I love the sunshine...But truly too much North Queensland sunshine can have its toll on the retinas and the soul. All that bleaching blearing light day after day, it's just too cheery!!!

But really I adore the sleepy dreaminess of cloudy days, I know I would think otherwise if it were any lower than 20 degrees. Cloudy days and comfortable temperature = beautiful. But I'm sure that i would be completely and miserably depressed if it were cloudy and freezing for 6 weeks!!

Anyways...I like my little gothic-esque painting even if Alices Rabbit friend looks a little spooky!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Michelle said...

oh no i love it...
and i love the thought of alice with dark hair, its just the best...
we have 40 degree days here at the moment so bring on the clouds...

Sophie Appleby said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just love this painting its gorgeous! Can't wait to see more of your work. It's 44 degrees here in Mildura at the moment, just crazy! Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Sophie :)

blossom said...

your work is beautiful....there's so many references to Alice in Wonderland around at the moment, it's great to see different interpretations.....take care & enjoy the weekend...
sharon x

edward and lilly said...

I love this, it's gorgeous!

jungle dream pagoda said...

I love that it has a gothic feel!
I love visiting your blog!